About myself... My name is Stan Yoshinobu, and I am a Cal Poly Professor in Mathematics. I am also the Director of the Academy of Inquiry Based Learning (www.inquirybasedlearning.org). I am an advocate for using research-based teaching methods that involve students in the process of doing mathematics, rather than sitting on the sidelines watching someone else do it. More than just better, inquiry-based learning can provide transformative experiences for students. Those of us who teach are truly lucky -- we are in the business of transforming lives!
Blog posts will include the following topics
- Teaching ideas and tips for the classroom
- Experiences from the field written by guest or regular contributors
- Commentary on news articles and reports
- Essays on teaching and learning
- Resources for students, teachers, parents, staff, administrators
- Ideas, commentary and resources for people interested or involved with education policy
Look for lots of new regular content coming up!